PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C.17 TO-NIGHT CHANNEL 4 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2010, 14:23
air pig

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey everyone,

Can't we just get away from all this pc cr@p and just reflect what the documentary was about, the amazing work done by everyone from the aircrew to the equipmnt techs carried on board just in case there is a problem with the kit. The fact that so many have survived injuries when not long ago would have died a long way from home in a strange land. Total and utter respect to the team as a whole, lets just look after the injured both physically and most importantly psychologically. The guilt the guys from the Guards having survived when their comrades where shot must at times be overwhleming.

The RAF have been in the aeromed field since the1920s and CCAST is continuing, maintaining and enhancing a long tradition, of care for their patients and long may it continue. Maybe a certain ex RAF medical officer was watching, but there again maybe not. Normally I would have graced the titles medical and officer with capital letters, but that individual's not worthy of standing and breathing let along having the honour of tending the injured.

We had all this stuff over the thread 'Flight of Angels'' lets not go down that route again and just celebrate that there is a team of people that when the world goes to hell in a handbasket that they will be part of a chain that will do there very best to get you home to your loved ones. Too old to go back ex PM, now in early 50s, fifteen years younger, back to RAuxAF lke a shot, can't help those at the sharp end enough.

Awesome.

Air pig.

ps, If CCAST are selling their T shirts for H4h put me down for a couple, and if I ever meet you at a show, beers on me.