PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doctor to Airline Pilot
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2010, 09:48
Concorde14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I’m in a similar position as i have always worked in the finance world since university which paid very well, was secure and relatively enjoyable. However, I left this world last summer and began flying from late last year as I have always wanted to be a pilot and I got to the stage of that despite the risks, it would be worse getting to my forties and looking back thinking ‘what if’. I’d rather go for it and should it go t*ts up, I have a decent career to fall back on.

I’m following the modular route and am taking my time over it as right now its pretty bleak within the Industry, but this way I’m progressing slowly whilst not burning cash at an explosive rate so that I can keep an eye on how the recruitment market evolves over the next few years.

There can be a lot of negativity on this forum, so what I would say is if you can fund the course with the minimum of debt and you are prepared for a long few years then absolutely do it and if it doesn’t work out you can go back to being a Doctor and you will never have the opportunity to look back at think ‘what if’….

All the very best of luck to you!

Regards

Concorde 14