PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 26th Mar 2010, 08:21
christmaslights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
volunteer

Hi,

I have volunteered as crew support a couple of days ago and was on the crew bus. Thanks to those of you who have been warm and friendly.

I hope our presence was somehow useful, even if just for those crew who were not around during the weekend and do not know what to expect.
I did not have any trouble, and did not witness any tension between crew, but it was nice to be there and get to chat with some of the cabin and flight crew.

I am volunteering again at the weekend, so for those of you who will come to work, I am looking forward to seeing you and hopefully make you feel the appreciation we all feel for your commitment.

Dave,

I am not sure if that's a real letter or not. If it is, I can only feel sorry for this person, but as far as the number of crew reporting and the comments about CRC, we have had plenty of accounts of crew that worked during the weekend that told us about the feelings in CRC.
It seems to me that this is again another form of manipulation from BASSA. People that come to work are not criminals, nor are they treated like ones.
On the contrary, every effort has been made to protect those who wish to come to work, offer them support with our presence.