PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afriqiyah Airways all expat pilots grounded ???
Old 26th Mar 2010, 07:51
AviationHopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CANCEL EMERGENCY

OK guys, I had contact to my friend, he is OK and I relax now.

Situation is very tough. Pilots, but only European, were not allowed to come back
because of the VISA problem from Libya with the Swiss. Also problems with customer staff who refused the permission letter for their exit. Seams a problem with one of them. Several pilots resigned plus some did not come back plus some were terminated by Afriqiyah. As usual these companys are disorganised and the person who deciding for expat making all the time problems and is not respecting contract items. Also many problems with moving to different hotels. Just horrible, when Libya gave ultimate to Swiss 4 weeks ago on all hotels in city there were 5 military with loaded machine guns. brrrr

Harlem,
you have my totaly understanding, after a while not flying it is better to fly somewhere and be ready for good jobs. But does it mean we do ALL !!! Only to be uptodate to fly? I am not pushing you plus luckily not in same situation now. But I was waiting before end of the year for 3 months and I did not go to Afriqiyah.
You find out the best for you and good luck and the best. Naturely when you are Libyan it is ALL easier for you.