PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self Sponsored A320 Type Rating & Line Training - J Curd
Old 25th Mar 2010, 23:12
Kirks gusset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not getting into the whole PTF debate as this has been done to death on this forum, however, the problem with this thread as I percieve is facts:

Is the "named individual" a good Captain and a good instructor.. answer..without doubt and you probably won't find anyone to challenge this.

Did /does his students had/ have a good quality TR course.. yes.. amongst the better ones we've seen.

Now, here's the problem. When does the hat change from competent instructor/Captain to hard sell businessman and how much of the former persona is influencing the decisions of the prospective clients.

It would appear from reading through the lines that all the students ended up with a good Type Rating but the whole follow on to the line training and employment in recent times has gone wrong.

How much of that mess was due directly to Mr C and how much was in fact due to the situation within the client airlines? One can argue that Joe Bloggs bought a " Solution" and expected a job after xxx hrs line flying, but if the airline stops flying, surely all ATP have to do is either: Refund the Line Training element less the OCC or find an alternative source of line training. The later, I would suggest, is very very difficult in today's market. Of course, the PTF student is now in limbo and time is the one thing they can't catch up on as is an expired LPC.

IF all the line training had taken place, and IF the guys had subsequently got contracts, would there be so much anger on the site against the individual as opposed to the concept of PTF.

I now understand the ex co-owner is now working in Greece and that the original ATP is now relaunched , could this be the reason for the " new company" as opposed to a more sinister take.. just a thought?

I can't help thinking that the high profile of Mr C does mark him as a target on these forums, whereas, an organisation such as Eaglejet, which without doubt has more " students" is ignored. Perhaps this could be that EJ don't sell on the basis of a job at the end of the program.. who knows.

I am not defending the morals of Mr C or his claims as I have no axe to grind either way, however I do feel that individuals must take responsibilty for their choices, good or bad and would like to see a response on here from someone who bought a " solution" which did not materialise and how they tried to resolve it in precise terms.

On a practical note, those guys that bought TRs from any organisation and have not yet got jobs or line training, should form a syndicate to get pairs for the sims ( LPCs) . I am sure a few TREs would do you guys a good deal to keep you current