PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2010, 21:49
call100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Two-Tone-Blue
@ call100 ... was that the recent meeting [last week] at the TUC [or ACAS] where reportedly WW turned up and Unite didn't? Perhaps that was just another rumour as well; it does get very difficult to sift fact from fiction.
ACAS were angry that WW had put that out. It was in fact not true......Unite were in constant contact with ACAS over the weekend. No meeting was ever arranged with ACAS.
Over that weekend ACAS asked Unite if BA put the withdrawn offer back on the table would they call off the strike. Unite replied they would.
ACAS then asked BA if it would reinstate it's offer if Unite called off the strikes. BA said they would not.

It is clear there was an opportunity there and BA made the choice not to take it....

To those who think I have some axe to grind I should make it clear that I have nothing but contempt for the leaders of both sides. There is no difference between them. As usual it's the people in the middle that always suffer. If they all pulled their collective necks in and let the negotiators negotiate this would all be over far quicker.