PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia - FLIGHT TRAINING OPTIONS
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2010, 16:53
pilot1991

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with mohammed and van

Hello Everyone

I cant stress this enough!...do not go to AWA! i will lay down the facts at AWA to prove Aviator82 is wrong. I still go to AWA so i know the facts better than anyone.

The following points are based on facts...and not based on emotions (unlike what aviator82 states):

1) AWA has a contract with Air Asia (for now anyways). Who do you think is going to get priority when it comes to flight bookings, exams, etc?...definitly not the aussie thats for sure!

Example for you (and once again fact)...Air Asia recieves transporation from Gold Coast airport to Brisbane Archerfield airport, to write their CPL exams...thats interesting because all the self funded students dont recieve that same service. Lucky for me I have my own car so I was able to get there and back...however a lot of the other self funded internationals could not do so!.....that doesnt seem fair does it?

2) The school does not have enough classrooms, and aircraft to support both Air Asia cadets as well as self funded students. Every week / month the school is changing there ways on how they book flights..one minute they divded the instructors and students into blocked "colour" groups...next minute the training standards manager (god thats a mouthfull)...has to book all the flights! Its funny the school cant organize this mess yet they are still bringing in new intakes...both air asia and self funded...does this make any sense to you?

3) Accounting at that school is appauling! Infact appauling is too nice of a word to describe it. When you attend that school or if you do...request pay as you go. Do not fall for the trap I did and pay in those "installments". In the end it works out to be cheaper as pay as you go. I would get Dean..the guy who is incharge of the books (who actually isnt a qualified accountant)...fact...will come up to you and hand you a piece of paper with lets say $10,495 on it..with no detail on the statement of what you have actually done! For all i know he could have picked a number out of his a**!...The scary thing is I have found him wrong on a number of occasions. First time it was 4,000 k over...second was 6,000 k. All of my mates at that school had similar problems with the accounting....FACT aviator82...fact!

4) A few of the students got together at this school and went to Current Affair (for you internationals reading this..its a TV show that investigates companys or people that do things unethical.) Not only does Current Affair know what is going on, Australian Department of Education have had numerous cases sent to them about AWA unfair trading. 8 Students have sent documentation to them and are now being investigated!

In conclusion,
It is evident that AWA is a disaterious school! it has problem after problem..
AWA has gotten rid of the good instructors and have kept the louzy ones!
AWA can never say they finish students in 12 months from 0 time to IFR rated...no one has done that in ages!!!! my buddy who recently finsihed was there for 15 months...another for 20 months...and 16 months....and these people finsihed before air asia batch started!
Just to show you how childlish AWA is...Aviator82...is an employee at AWA....just shows you how desperate they are, and trying to protect their dying image as a flight school provider

I hope I have cleared all THE FACTS
Cheers

Ps go to air gold coast (for domestic students)...and melbourne for internationals...like where I am going next week!