PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two weeks left to give your comments on Defence Green Paper
Old 25th Mar 2010, 16:03
sidewayspeak

The MOD in its attempt to be inclusive have let PPruners know that a Green Paper is calling for comment and submissions, in anticipation of a SDR in the Autumn (signed up by the three parties, by the way). Ppruners, it seems, don't give a damn about the direction our foreign and security policy will go (and therefore how HM Forces will be configured) - but rather, are more concerned about vagaries of the pension system.
whenyouarehappy, you are absolutely right. In comparison to the 'vagaries of my pension', I couldn't give one monkey's t*** for the direction of the SDR. The Pension will put food on the table, the SDR will just slash even more of the Defence pot.

This from a government that receives £146 Bn in income tax, then spends £196 Bn on Social Security!! Even the most basic householder understands that if you spend more than you earn, the result becomes painful.

I refuse to engage in petty personal accusations; suffice to say that I have already given over 20 years to the UK, and I believe that it should stand by what it promised when I joined. The fact that it has bankrupted itself as a world Health organisation and a luxurious teat to the lazy is not an excuse to then remove more from those of us who have already put our fair share in.