PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Swissport Redundancies??
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2010, 13:03
legalize

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Ironic!

How ironic is it that this threas was started nearly 1 year ago with the following thread

Code:

Was told on my way out last night that Swissport UK are making all of their DM's redundant to save the company £600k a year!!! If it is true it looks like yet more work being dumped on those that are struggling to cover everything as it is.

One more step down the slippery slope?
1 year on the duty manager position was changed to shift manager, a role that would be the solution to most problems. And what is happening now, the shift maangers are at risk of redundancy. What Swissport and other companies fail to notice is that just because you flood a company with management it does not necessarily improve things. Especially if the people that are put in them positions are incapable but 'yes' men.
Anyone have any idea of the total amount of redundancies that are beinbg made in Swissport? Are they just at management level or across the board? Some of my friends who work at SP were telling me this is the 4th time in 2 years they have been at risk of redundancy.

Also have heard that a high up manager from Swissport has gone off sick. We all know what happens when that occurs..