PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 25th Mar 2010, 11:27
D2R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Runway Vacated,
You are absolutely right....unfortunately.

I voted yes, before Xmas, not due to the imposition of the removal of one crew member, but mainly due to the fear of further impositions. I felt that we had to make a stand, and show that we had terms andconditions that had to be adhered to.

Then BASSA announced a 12 day strike, and I prayed the injunction would be called off.....The fact that crew were not given any information before it all went public, was shocking and actually embarrassing.

BASSA announce new strike days, without letting the crew see the offer BA proposed. This is when I decided they were looking out for themselves, and not us. If the offer was balloted, and accepted, BASSA would probably lose members as it became apparent BA had come up with a decent solution, therefore we could all save ourselves £16 a month by leaving BASSA.
From that point onwards, they have looked weak, and foolish. Asking BA to put an offer back on the table, that they still didnt recommend....refusing yet another offer without consulting it members, and finally leading them to a dead end strike, which has no beneficial outcome.

I went to work last week, having resigned from BASSA, and I will again next week. I am now making an informed, and adult decision, one that I should have made when I was first balloted.