PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 25th Mar 2010, 09:36
Get Smart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newyorker001 - Are we a better team?

In response to your question, do you think this has bought us closer together. Absolutely yes. I went to work and for a change, it was a pleasure to fly without any militants banging on and on about their dead issues. All those that reported were like minded people and went about their jobs in the usual professional way. The flight deck support was fantastic - thank you to all of you.

Thanks to the seemless effort it turned out to be, I have no quarms whatsoever about reporting for my next duty. I will not be intimidated by those on the picket line and for anyone reading this thread still trying to make up their mind, be assured by those of us that went to work - its fine. I was relieved that I'd made the choice when I got there and saw so many faces. As others have said here, it was a liberating experience. It wasn't anything like BASSA have described. Yet another clear example of their constant lies.

So, yes, we as a crew, all felt a unique close bond and were genuinely sorry to say goodbye to each other at the end of the day. The next time we report we can take comfort in the fact that we will be working with the stronger team while the stikers enjoy their free cup of tea and a soggy donut in the rain, with no-one really taking much notice of their cause.

I'm very proud of all of us. In fact, for a change, I felt good about coming to work. I've only ever heard the strikers now say they don't enjoy working for BA and are not proud anymore. If that's the case, no-one's holding a gun to your heads to stay. Go to the job centre why don't you if the grass is so much greener elsewhere?

And another thing, for anyone who is still thinking about reporting/striking. Its now become apparent that BASSA haven't even done their homework as their lawyers are only just frantically flicking through their manuals to check two very important facts out:

1. Loss of pay for the entire duration of absense from work
2. Staff travel taken away for good

I think we all know the answer to these issues now. Its a pitty Unite didn't pick up on it before leading you all out on strike.

If I was considering going out on stike I think I'd want THE FACTS to be crystal BEFORE joining the picket line.