PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 25th Mar 2010, 09:23
Re-Heat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When LHR crew are paid the same as LGW crew and in the same way then I feel it is only then that LGW should share the same pain (pay cut).

Why on earth would anybody see it as reasonable for one group of cabin crew doing the same job to take a pay cut to allow better working conditions for another.
Problem is that LGW-LHR is a bit of a Ponzi scheme - the hope of a transfer ultimately to LHR makes some people think that lumping it now for the preservation of the future is acceptable, whereas BASSA should have negotiated some equalisation years ago instead of undermining their argument today. That is how HAHAHAHAHAH justifies the contradiction in his/her mind (and I respect him/her for laying out their thoughts on the thread). I do however note that their location is actually listed as LHR, and something in that logic does not add up if he/she is main crew.

We all know that Justice Holland used the specific example of LGW in support of his arguments in favour of the company.

bacrewboy - the message was to act like a professional - nothing more, nothing less. For goodness sake, there is no need to pick an argument by misreading the statement. Nobody threatened to slash your tyres or shun you downroute (unlike BASSA) - it was a statement of fact in accordance with company policy and onboard legal authority.