PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air North Brasilia Crash in Darwin (Merged)
Old 25th Mar 2010, 07:32
archangel7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Archangel7, even with said guaranteed performance, it doesn’t guarantee you anything if the technique isn’t correct. I.e. control inputs are inappropriate or insufficient, or speed control is inadequate.
Hang on!!! let me get the facts straight.. wasn't this a training flight? wasn't there a C&T pilot on board? Both very experienced pilots? I am sure there was some sort of pre flight brief to prepare for the training?? the technique isn't hard if you are prepared for it on a training flight under the guidance of a highly reputable Captain who is watching over you. The problem is when it catches you off-guard in a real Engine Failure! That's when your skills really will get tested...

Not very wise words there. It could be pilot error. It could be mechanical failure. It could be a combination of both.
I can agree with you to an extent that it might not be a very wise comment compared to your comments but it is my opinion. You seem like a very experienced and knowledgeable pilot and your post are highly regarded and it is for that reason I chose to respect your opinion on many matters and stay out of your way on this one

You're kidding, right? You have to be. A true professional is never as arrogant, or closed-minded...
like i said, its only my opinion and its not a big issue! :P i guess it is easier to just point the finger at the dead pilots and say it was "human error" . That would make me less arrogant and close minded i guess. I personally believe it is a mechanical error and you can call me as narrow minded and as arrogant as you want it will not change my opinion. But a high-speed crash on take-off points the finger more towards a mechanical error then human error. Do some research on Brasilia fatal crashes and you will discover that 90% of them are mechanical errors!. they vary from propeller going into reverse thrust on final approach, failure of the horizontal stabilizer and there was another interesting one which i read up on the other day where the propeller separated from the engine assembly and became imbedded in the leading edge of the wing and the pilot was committed to make a forced landing into a paddock killing 18 passengers. do some research and see for your self. I don’t think I am being closed minded at all.

Last edited by archangel7; 25th Mar 2010 at 08:12.