PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPPL - Just how are we supposed to teach this?
Old 13th Jul 2002, 13:29
solent01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Formationflyer

Yes you are right about the CPL but I would not instruct for nothing (have to pay the bills some how).

The issue of training in spain and else where is as I am sure you are aware, at the discretion of the state you are flying in, but it does show how highly regarded we are as pilots (not many countrys say no!!!!!)

Cross crediting.........
You are right with this aswell, I was relating to JAR and cross crediting so this is now great for upgrades.

You said
As an FI(A) and Microlight AFI Ive always taught PAT for the descent. Yeah sure there is an inertia difference and you have to set the descent attitude fairly quickly..but ive never found it to be a problem - even glides where you set idle havent been a problem. If I recall I was taught PAT as well (i think...memory could be hazy on this one!!). I'm curious...help me out..

for group A, PAT, but for most 3-axis Micro's (Thruster, AX etc etc)the correct proceedure should be APT, its the inertia issue again, but that said, I'm sure that these new hot ships (CT2K, Eurostar etc etc) will need to adopt PAT, as these birds are rather slippery, if you see what I mean...........

I train in the Thruster Sprint Jab power, great little engine but I think 80 horses is alittle overstating the power output.....

Sol