PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is wrong with everyone?
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2010, 05:24
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eeer is any of your posts positive
2-3 years ago they were if you can be bothered to look.

And I don't really go in for the train or not to train threads they come up fortnightly and its the same rehashed pish every time. My usual line is about the marketing spin of certain intergrated schools, training standards in intial flight training and answering questions of a procedural nature regarding logging of hours. And the occassion thread like this one when someone is talking ****e and it needs correcting before it infects some other poor sod.

Do a search in the wannabies forum and see for yourself.

Even after working in Oil yards from the age of 15 in Aberdeen and then into Engineering as a graduate, IT as a contractor with 10 years in the TA. The Airline Industry came as a bit of an eye opener when I first went online. The sexual comments which were batted backwards and forwards would have got you sacked in my previous employment. I learned more about the habits of homosexuals in 6 months than in the previous 30 years of my life, and to this day I could live without knowing what felching is. The blunt and to the point discussions of cockups I was used to from the TA. But it was the pure range of personalities you were exposed to. Then there is the backstabbing and politics, maybe a office enviroment will prepare you better for that.

Then when you move into the LHS the flying becomes the easy fun part. Then you have other pressures, commercial, operations, training, engineering, cutomer liason, security and the multitude of other "officials" who all think they have an input into how you run your flight.

You have to have thick skin and grow a pair otherwise you will end up in the loony bin, off sick with stomach ulcers or an Alcoholic.

Would I go back to Engineering or IT? Like hell I would this job is way to much fun.