PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2010, 23:53
737forever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is realy the reason that some airlines would not employ a pilot involved in a crash,even when invastgation give him credit for doing a good job.I have heard stories of doctor,s saying post traumatic stress can give flashback in a new emergency,but this is I belive a very inaccurate science.I strongly belive a pilot who is climbing on the horse again so soon after such an event as Mr Burkill did,will do it with growing confidence knowing he can handle an emergency.Most pilots never face a critical situation like this,and it is natural to think "How will I react if this or that happen?"
To Mr Burkill:Hope you will get a new job soon.If not succeding with a 777 job,could you consider another aircraft type?You have probably many typeratings which I off course know nothing about.I know that in Scandinavian there is no major different in pilot,s pay between an 737 driver or an A330 driver,but I am not sure how this is in the rest of the world between the different aircraft size,s
Anyway I wish you and you family a happy future,and hope I will be your passanger one day.