PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - more ground service incompetence
Old 24th Mar 2010, 23:26
sixmilehighclub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FTG
My first thoughts are that BA are dealing with a high number of downgrades, cancellations, rebookings and trying to get the operation stable as possible. I believe though not intentional, they may be sending generic letters, possibly without having thought through the scale of compensation to actual loss in your pocket. Every case is different. I think they may be concentrating on getting everyone from A to B as priority and maybe your claim and content of complaint was overlooked.

I would suggest writing again to the Exec club. Maybe after allowing the dust to settle a week or so as there must be numbers more with the same concern. The more who complain with dissatisfaction, the more likely they may realise the unfairness of the solution and offer a fairer recompense.

I think in the rush to get everyone on flights, they may have overlooked the Club Europe customers. Were there many of you do you know?

I once operated a flight on behalf of Virgin Express routing STN-LHR-BRU-BCN and back, and we were a wet lease (aircraft & crew supplied) with a single class aircraft. We had passengers booked in their upper class. All nine of them refused the premium food, champagne and other items loaded for them. They hadn't been told the flight was being operated by us.

I also was a positioning crew member on a Titan flight (oddly I used to supply staff to them) which had been laid on to replace a BA flight. They found the service difficult and myself and another positioning crew got up to help. Unfortunately, the wet leased crew do not always receive prompts on how the service shall be.

They may have had the product onboard but not made aware, or not known who it was for. The seating difference regrettably is unavoidable.
It is also possible that your J ticket was included into a total figure of seats sold. Seats sold unfortunately are all economy on the new flight. Not acceptable but its a possibility.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your flight and paid over the odds for it. But pleased you got to where you are going. Don't give up.

Six