PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2010, 22:30
ExSp33db1rd

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
From the previously alleged letter to striking staff from W.W. ........

..........You may, however, continue to benefit from discounted commercial tickets (Hotline).

I'm not completely clear how ST might affect the 'commuters' who live far, far away and fly into LHR to go to work. Is that a separate form of ST? As in "Home to Duty"? Otherwise some people's cosy living arrangements may be substantially screwed

BA staff and those pensioners still granted access to S.T. are allowed to buy 'Hotline' tickets, these are basically commercial fares at a discount, around 10% I believe but can vary, and also buy these for ANY of their friends, effectively just acting as a Travel Agent, so if you want a discounted ticket just befriend a BA staff member or valid pensioner. (Staff are limited to how many times a year they can utilise this function - so get in quick )

In my day I could live anywhere I liked so long as I could report for duty as required, how I did that was entirely my affair - and my responsibilty - I haven't heard that long distance commuting staff have any new concessions, but they might have, but relying solely on a normal Staff Travel standby basis would be fraught with hazard, I would have thought, tho' boarding using S.T is often ' who you know, not what you know' but it is more computerised now and less open to blatant favouritism by those checking the tickets. ( and don't tell me it never happens/ed )

By allowing striking C.C. to retain Hotline facilities, WW is still giving them the chance to commute to work, and ...... buy tickets for their friends to help B.A. ! ( do you think they will ?? ) tho' he has removed that potential source of income from the older pensioners that he has kicked out - zilch for us.