PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/A QANTASLINK - Impulse Airlines
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2002, 11:11
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Impulse staff get staff travel on all Impulse operated services after 6 months employment (I think... When I started it was 3.) The travel includes one's self and your immediate family or a nominated companion.

My opinion (as I always have one ) is that it is pretty lame but it is a perk and does come in handy. Yeh, for those raging weekends in HBA! hehehe... Also it seems that a Caterer's Uncle's Friend's Kitten gets higher boarding priority than us when we do travel on our limited network! But we are only new to the QF family so it can only get better with time. Oh and besides, with $66 internet fares to MEL and even the standard $89, it is better to have a confirmed seat than travel on standby for $50 odd each way. And when you start at QF your seniority isn't going to get you anywhere for the first few years on near full flights anyway.

Cloud nine - Yes. I think that is a great company to work for and gets better every day. I got shafted by crewing BIG time this week end but it comes with the job I guess. Grrrr......

Cabinboy - Yes. We are a FANTASTIC bunch of people, if I don't say so myself. And love your work too, sister!