PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2010, 18:55
Mmmayday38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M Mouse

If you were an airline recruitment manager would you employ:

a) a well known name, associated with a nasty accident not of his making, who has his own website, has written a book (which the author has implied contains a few things which his former management will not like) and resigned from the accident company for reasons which remain unclear?
The book covers the crash and the aftermath. The reasons for leaving will therefore be clear. The book is factual and if the 'former management' do not like it, then hopefully they will learn from what happened and ensure no other pilot has to experience the same. The book can be seen as something to learn from and I hope that they will take something from it.

Therefore anything that may appear to be negative can be rectified by acknowledging there was a flaw in the system and finding ways to fix it. The clock cannot be turned back for me, but if 'former management' can see that things could be different then the book can be turned into a positive.

Refusals for interview came before there was a website, before there was talk of a book. Refusals for interview cannot be blamed on the site or book.

My name and incident were high profile - not my fault.

or

b) a qualified pilot with good references?
I am qualified on the 777 and BA would give me a reference so I definitely fall into catagory B!