PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 24th Mar 2010, 17:52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I attended Willie's briefing today which again I considered to be very fair.

A few highlights as I've not got a great deal of time at the moment:
  • The numbers published around the number of crew who reported (62% of those rostered across LHR EF/WW and LGW) were those reporting at London only - it did not include outstations;
  • ALL figures published by BA are true and accurate, as they have to be for any PLC;
  • Volunteer courses will continue to run through April and May;
  • No plans to penalise cabin crew. Staff travel has been removed from those who went on strike to help recover costs and essentially to not reward those who are causing financial and brand damage and undermining the long-term health of the company;
  • 11 aircraft will be wet leased in at LHR for the next four days of strike to supplement the EF flying programme. These 11 aircraft will bring around 15% of the total shorthaul capacity;
  • There are no plans to recognise any other union for cabin crew, but it is felt that Unite is not representing the best interests of its entire membership.
  • And finally, Willie confirmed that it is not he who posts under his name on PPRuNe
Will add some more info later if I get a chance...

All opinions above are personal and not those of my employer