PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Swiss" makes emergency landing in Germany
Old 13th Jul 2002, 10:08
Robert Vesco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you think it's just normal that an airline (I'm talking about *any* airline, not LX) takes a certain death toll during expansion, I am really concerned.
Maybe you should read the whole post again and try to see the big picture. Let me rephrase, almost all airlines (well respected and not so well respected, including Swissair) have had accidents which could have been prevented if you start annalyzing the chain of errors afterwards. It reminds me a little bit of the last world cup football, where all over sudden thousands of people from all walks of live turn out to be better coaches and/or refferees then the ones actually doing the job in Korea and Japan.

I want to underline my hope that the Swiss pilot's corps will find a common way ASAP, and this in my opinion can only be done by a common safety culture, a common high standard training and instruction culture, and a commonly good safety record.
I fully agree with you on this point Webwings ! Unfortunately managment and Aeropers have decided differently where they seem strive for a company where the ex-LX pilots fly the ex-LX airplanes with the ex-LX procedures and the ex-SR pilots fly the ex-SR airplanes with ex-SR procedures, with different payscales that discourages ex-SR pilots to fly ex-LX airplanes and a seniority list that would prevent any LX pilot to go to the ex-SR fleet. This would have been the perfect opportunity for the Swissair pilots to enlighten the Crossair pilots with their infinite wisdom, unfortunaly they have decided not to share it with anybody. So much for that "great" safety culture of the bankrupt Swissair !