PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 24th Mar 2010, 14:50
The Blu Riband

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first one of the 'volunteers' to name themselves to me has my displeasure but also has my respect.
Well good for you!

Maybe this is why most strikers despise these people, they have neither honesty, nor transparency, nor courage of their convictions, but are merely hiding in the shadows, in civvies, blacked out buses, name badges off. etc etc etc
BUT YOU LET YOURSELF DOWN BADLY HERE.

My view is that the non - strikers are the brave ones!!

To make your own decision , having considered the arguments and the risks, is infinitely more courageous and principled than simply following the braying crowds on CF; or just doing what your mates say. Or listening to some retired purser with an enormous chip on his shoulder.

And anyone who has taken Bassa's propaganda over the last few months without checking the evidence and reading ALL the info (even ESS msgs , shock horror) deserves everything they get. To be bleating now about the loss of earnings and staff travel is madness. Bassa are going to check with their legal team.................... how reassuring!!

The probability is that BA will manage to encourage enough to crew to work that there is a real possibility that Bassa will become completely disenfranchised.
A union with no power , and only a few supporters - and those with no convincing case for striking.
If you are loyal to Bassa then start asking the hard questions! If you dare.

Is that what the militants want?

Do they even want to continue working for BA?