PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia - FLIGHT TRAINING OPTIONS
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2010, 14:41
mohammad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with ozvandriver NOT to even look at Australian wings academy, building and aircraft looks nice which is their biggest selling point so you can see why most international students attend the school, most i would say or pretty much all the LOCALS have left because of their hidden fees.
Their level of instructors have dropped dramatically and instructors are very careless with the students and just talk a lot of rubbish behind their back which could end up in a law suit if things were said to the wrong students, they aren't there to teach they are there to take you for a joy ride and take all your hours away from you causing you to pay extra for overruns costing up to and maybe more than $8000+

COURSE FEES: $95,000
INSTRUMENT RATING: $24,000 (beech-craft duchess)
INSTRUCTOR RATING: $19,000+
(Excluding hidden costs)

The management at the start will be all nice to you until that money of your's is in their account, then your nothing to them, training standards manager is there just to sit on his computer all day and talk a whole lot of crap to you and promises everything and doesn't go through with it as well lacks in aviation skills whom he only has a PRIVATE PILOTS licence but says he has a MECIR due to the fact he doesn't know anything about IFR, so what advice can someone with a PPL give you... just as much as a GFPT student. I'd say +90% of the students have problems with this school including the Air Asia cadets but are too scared to have their say about the school and what they are doing to them. If you don't believe me make sure you go in and pull a FEW students aside and speak to them personally without the school seeing and YOU pick the students not the school picking one for you.

As aviator had quoted saying how some students have been charged extra money we aren't talking about $500 or so we are talking about $10000+ so wouldn't you complain if you had been charged that, guess you have money pouring out of your C...

Last edited by mohammad; 25th Mar 2010 at 05:03.