PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 777 or Airbus
Thread: 777 or Airbus
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2010, 14:33
Dune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mensaboy:

The late-arrival EK Kool-Aid drinkers hate to look in the mirror. They would prefer you (and others on this site) not reiterate and/or reinforce how uninformed they were in their decisions to come to Emirates.

This, combined with those who are floundering in their careers and looking for the "Rosetta Stone" that will lead them to the "aviation promise land", leads to the animosity surrounding any post you/others submit that reveal the truth about Emirates.

Anybody with half a brain would think a day spent looking at the past 6 years of posts on this site would have been enough to educate them on the perils of their endeavors in coming to Emirates. Unfortunately for many it forces them to face their personal choices/realities. That reality is painful for many of them to swallow.

I would like to think for every uninformed pilot who has come to EK there are at least twice as many who have read all that is available on this site (inc. your posts) and have made the wise decision to stay where they are at and make the best of their aviation careers in their home countries (unless they are unable and desperate due to being unemployed). I am a firm believer they will experience in the end a significant benefit in terms of all around "life" benefits compared to the "package" offered by EK (akin to the Tortoise and the Hair analogy in their careers). I wish I had been in such a position when I was forced to come to EK.

Some have been lucky (myself included) coming during the good times but those times are LONG past at EK. I have always been agnostic on this company and tell it like I perceive it to be. The recent desperate attempts within the company to coerce it's pilots to forward names of "friends" who might be willing to become future slaves speaks volumes of the desperation in the management department. They know they are in a corner and are desperate to save their hides/jobs........Note to Management: don't clutter my email in-box with your pathetic whines.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I hope to address this "MM" and his rantings at some point in time but I do have a full life/existence outside EK in spite of their attempts to limit it otherwise.

I would suggest all of you in the company do the same:

-no working on days off (personally have not done so in 7 years irrespective of the pleas of "we have no one else able to do the flight" and offers of overtime pay/etc......... my response has ALWAYS been:....."that is a crewing/manpower management issue; not my issue. Sort out your own house". I would suggest it would be in all our favors if you each did the same.

-no Captains discretion unless you are 100% CERTAIN there are ZERO chances anything that could go wrong that might jeopardize your decision will be backed 100% by the company (ie. that will NEVER happen but insist upon it 1st IN WRITING before declining afterwords). If you do so, you are 100% covered. Every time I have been put into the Capt discretion predicament I have insisted upon the above in writing, not received it in turn, thereafter declined to accept the legal indemnity of going into discretion, and NEVER once been questioned by the company afterwords for refusing to do so). Just a FYI.

In short, treat this job exactly for what it has become. It is a short term contract where you owe them NOTHING other than the limits of the terms of the contract.

I give no more/I expect no less. I land, sign the book in, go home, shower the stench of EK off my body and am happy man. End of story.

Last edited by Dune; 24th Mar 2010 at 17:55.