PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 24th Mar 2010, 14:28
Keirhardie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really do not understand what is the concern that volunteers have with working the second half of a back to back with strikers. ? If you are 'backing ba' and you believe what you are doing is the right thing, what on earth do you have to hide?
I am 100% sure there will be no bullying and harassment on board, as most flight crew on here have said categorically, it will not be tolerated.

By all means go to work, if you believe that to be the correct thing to do, but do not be so weak that you do not have the courage of your convictions. Stand up and be counted.

I was on strike this weekend and will be next weekend. I stood on the picket line, i have lost staff travel and wages and perfectly prepared to do so, to stand up for what i believe in.
Why are such people not prepared to stand up for what they believe in?

Or is it that they don't believe in what they are doing, and are just a bunch of selfish, self-serving people who know in their hearts what they are doing is wrong.?

Maybe this is why most strikers despise these people, they have neither honesty, nor transparency, nor courage of their convictions, but are merely hiding in the shadows, in civvies, blacked out buses, name badges off. etc etc etc..
I know that i may be down in wages but I certainly have the moral high ground. The first one of the 'volunteers' to name themselves to me has my displeasure but also has my respect.