PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self Sponsored A320 Type Rating & Line Training - J Curd
Old 24th Mar 2010, 14:07
Firestorm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you think that paying more to be on the flight than many passengers pay these days is a good way to get yourself into a ridiculous debt then go ahead. If you believe the marketing hype that you will get a job at the end of it go ahead. I doubt you will actually take much notice of what is written here as you have indicated that you have read the post elsewhere, and know what the general feeling is. I hope it works out for you, but I consider anyone who gets involved in these schemes to be showing particularly poor decision making skills, and I hope I never get to fly in the same airspace as them.

I'm sure that you're a decent sort of bloke so don't take my comments as a personal attack, but don't get involved with this scheme. It really won't be the kick start to your career that you imagine. I speak as one who did a self sponsored type rating with a low cost airline (under a bit of duress), was told how it was an investment in myself, and has been redundant for the last 14 months. Let the industry shoulder the financial burden.