PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Swiss" makes emergency landing in Germany
Old 13th Jul 2002, 09:46
Webwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I'm sorry to see the waves going high about this theme.

I'll stop sharing my opinion about the incident at this point, and leave it to the german BFU (AIB) to get the facts about the incident and the conclusions.

About the whole rest I just say: There's enough facts from different sources around. Get them by yourselves. Take and interprete it as you like.

Perhaps this expansion has taken a toll on the safety record, but please let´s not forget that even ´well respected´ airlines have their share of f*ck ups ! [...] Maybe it´s a sad part of the learning curve for any expanding airline.
If you think it's just normal that an airline (I'm talking about *any* airline, not LX) takes a certain death and material toll during expansion, I am really concerned. To me, phrases like this one show the complacency concerning this theme. If the others already done it, why do we have to do it over again? Why not try with every means possible to avoid these things?

I'll leave the interpretation about these things up to everybody.

And after all, I want to underline my hope that the Swiss pilot's corps will find a common way ASAP, and this in my opinion can only be done by a common safety culture, a common high standard training and instruction culture, and a commonly good safety record. As I already said, my bad feelings (and the feelings of the other critics) will vanish as soon as the incident rate decreases.

We'll see what the future will bring...

Last edited by Webwings; 13th Jul 2002 at 09:51.