PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self Sponsored A320 Type Rating & Line Training - J Curd
Old 24th Mar 2010, 13:57
Dash2Class

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you need borrow money to do this, you need your head examining. Living, even cheaply away from home, running a car, eating etc. all requires cash. Cash which you won't have and which will be running away from you faster than you can run towards it. The wretched clowns who pay for their ratings and line flying will be piddling in their own beds - as well as mine. Why, because in your eagerness to get employment you have shown that you are void of any professional integrity as you are prepared to work for LESS than NOTHING. You also will be driving down the terms and conditions for everyone in the profession because prosperity of those on the top of the pile depends on those on the bottom. Working for nothing devalues all of our jobs. I can almost predict you future as well. You'll be bidding for a Command, in cash!

P2F Schemes also put other F/O's out of work because of you are prepared to prostitute yourself to get get a job. That's NOT a job, it's an expensive pleasure ride where the pleasure is all the company's.

Then there is the safety aspect. Do really expect me and my family to fly in an aircraft where the F/O can't afford to live properly? To do this job, you have to have proper rest, food, diet and exercise. You are not able to obtain any of this if you are living in your car, a tent or a crash pad. And should you take up an extra job so you can afford to live, you will not be able to rest properly. Reporting for duty when unfit would be tantamount to a criminal act.

How will you be received by your peers? Bump into me anywhere and I'll call you a plonker!
Could not agree more.
Skiprat (for that's what you'll be) I thought I'd be safe, 6 years into my career, flying a 747. MADE I thought... Wrong! I'm now facing the dole Q as Redundancy looms closer and there are no jobs out there for F/O positions partly due to this type of scheme and the lowering of T&Cs Airlines are now only taking on snotty nosed cadets as you cost pittance to pay and you'll work for less if they can get away with it. Well they will...

No airline is interested in training their own guys as you'll be paying for it!

If you want to become a professional pilot, do so. DON"T become a whore to the Pimps in Airline management. It has to end somewhere.

I wish you all the luck in your future endeavors, I just hope you don't jeapordise them by PAYING for work.

Dash.