PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 24th Mar 2010, 13:07
Sgt Wilson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To go in or not to go in

Hi 1st Class,
I sympathise completely with your apprehensions about going to work at the weekend, but I suspect thinking about it will be worse than doing it. I was on the crew car park bus on Sunday last and didn't see any Crew anywhere near the car park or on the way to the CRC. I suspect if you were going in early when some of the long haul crews were returning it would be a little different. There were about half a dozen people in tabards there as well to make sure everyone was alright. In the CRC itself there was a really good atmosphere. Once you are inside, it's a lot better. I really had a lot of respect for everyone there.
I met a friend of mine who commutes. He explained that his wife had just lost her job and he really couldn't afford to lose his staff travel or he would probably have to resign. At the same time he was sorry that he couldn't support his colleagues, even though he thought the strike was misguided.
There are many I suspect with these sorts of dilemmas.
The fact is that, as a CSD I flew with recently said, "Everyone has to make the decision for themselves".
One thing you can be sure of though, is that you will not be the only one, no matter what decision you make, that will lose sleep over whether to go in or not.
Good luck