PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self Sponsored A320 Type Rating & Line Training - J Curd
Old 24th Mar 2010, 12:37
shagrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Self Sponsored A320 Type Rating & Line Training - J Curd

As it seems there are tentative signs of recovery, albeit pretty slim I have been researching what to do to advance my flying career and am intrigued by the advert with A320typerating.com. Consequently, I registered my interest with them and have been informed that for the right people there are contracts available, they have secured work for 11 out of 15 this year, which, at 73%, is a good achievement. They do have testimonials from the people that have been successful so it seems that the scheme is fairly genuine.

IF and before I proceed I need to know what I'm investing in and whether I will actually stand any chance of success, so, for those of you having purchased a type rating and line flying I would be most interested in your opinion.

More importantly, I would be interested in hearing from those who have completed the scheme and not secured work. What is being done for you? Have you been asked/would you be prepared to provide a testimonial, despite not yet securing a job?

Considerations:
Was the training well organised?
How many fail the course? (Why?)
Is there good support from the FTO
Hidden costs?
How were you perceived by your peers where you trained?
Jobs? (they seem to have good contacts, who/what/where?)

I know these schemes are not highly regarded by many, but I would appreciate if comments about the rights or wrongs of this type of training are kept out of this particular thread.

My aim is to determine whether I should commit or not.

Happy to accept pm's if you prefer to remain anonymous.