PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 24th Mar 2010, 12:24
Right Engine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do this Saturday

1st Class,

A quick reminder of how things stand, regarding your fears.

My advice to you, should you do the brave thing and report for work, is as follows.

Crew Car Park
There are no pickets in the vicinity so you do not have to worry about being 'seen'. If you really wish to remain incognito, then you could wear civvies and put your uniform in your suitcase. I would suggest you remove your ID and name badge and put it on when you get on the bus if your fears are too overwhelming, but again, this really isn't necessary.
Bus
The bus has frosted windows, so again any fear of being identified is removed.
CRC
You will have your ID checked when you arrive at the CRC. Once inside I guarantee you will feel a weight off your mind when you see that there are hundreds of like minded crew there too. Swipe in, in the knowledge that everyone is there to support you. You are standing for what you believe in and should be commended.
The Future
My only hope is that the thousands of crew like you, are honoured for your bravery within BA. It was very moving to be witness to it last Saturday and I'm sure you will find it an emotional experience yourself!