PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 24th Mar 2010, 12:16
OverFlare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think therein lies much of the problem - take for example the management of say BA Pilots - that group have a stable long-term management in place.

Cabin Crew have a leadership team that seems to change on a whim, with no stability, no long-term partnership building and no time to build a trusting relationship
Perhaps the answer is for cabin crew to be managed by the flight operations department, as I understand is the arrangement in almost every other airline in the world.

learly BA can continue a reasonable operation indefinitely. And considering that most money is made from very few routes it is probable that we can stay in business for some considerable time.
I agree with this. Since the company is currently burning substantial amounts of cash anyway, it wouldn't be inconceivable for BA to reduce its flying programme to - say - 65% of normal and ignore striking crew completely. The cost of the strike results partly - even mainly - from having to reroute or refund tickets already bought. If BA doesn't bother selling them in the first place in order to concentrate on its core routes for a while I suspect the costs of any sustained strikes will amount to very small change.