PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 24th Mar 2010, 11:58
The Blu Riband

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The language and rhetoric on Crewforum and the Bassa forum leave me really questioning their sanity -and their intelligence.
Clearly very few crew read ESS and are unaware of their rights. Which is outrageous when some very militant unionists are now bleating about the loss of staff travel or pay. Also some more suspensions must be in the offing with barely concealed threats to non-strikers and pilots.
Many are calling for longer strikes as they believe Willie (and BA) are lying and will crack soon.

Clearly BA can continue a reasonable operation indefinitely. And considering that most money is made from very few routes it is probable that we can stay in business for some considerable time. The share price reflects the city's confidence in Wilie too. I was in the CRC every day and the atmosphere was great. Many crew felt truly liberated as they were not harrassed by the militants at every step. It did seem like all the "good" guys turned up!

I hope that BA offer a 2nd chance to all crew wanting to work -even if they went on strike last weekend.
HOWEVER , do any of us want the hardcore back? Aren't we fed up with their anti-BA, anti-management, anti-pilot, anti-work etc etc etc attitude!!!

Perhaps the plan is to hope that sufficient crew come back to work (say 80%) then simply starve the rest of work until they are compelled to leave.

I have some sympathy with crew as their management has been poor.
But their agreements have always been so inflexible , and Bassa so belligerent, that any empathetic manager must become very quickly disillusioned.
Also, some of the posts on the crew forums are so aggressive that I cannot see how those individuals could ever be allowed to work as a crewmember on board an aircraft again. They clearly have no understanding or respect for the command structure or the law.