PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 24th Mar 2010, 11:49
OverFlare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st Class, what an eloquent post, thank you. And what a terrible dilemma!

There have already been some (also eloquent) posts on this thread written by some of your colleagues who perhaps shared your fears but did go into work over the past weekend. Some of the things people have talked about are their surprise at seeing so many people in the CRC and their surprise at how positive the working atmosphere was. I would urge you to read them and I think you would enjoy the working environment.

I can, in a small way, say I've experienced the same thing - I am volunteer cabin crew and attended a briefing on Sunday before being offloaded because enough normal crew turned up. I was pretty nervous before I went in but the cabin crew who were there seemed very positive, were happy to be there, and I understand the flight went very well (comments about it have appeared in the press). These people are a credit to their profession. It is sad to think that someone like yourself might feel bullied into staying away from work and I am sorry for the position you are in.

For me, the aftermath of the strike is a matter for everyone's professionalism. I hope the "one team" approach everyone seems to have experienced during the strike will continue afterwards. I think it will and I think it will be difficult for strikers to disrupt the good will of everyone else without finding themselves either offloaded or in other difficulties with the company. Besides, you can always hang out with the pilots down-route if you want to!