PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows collision (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2010, 08:56
H Peacock

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm not really sure what the implications of this are to the team. I don't expect the team will fly without a Synchro Pair, yet there is no Synchro without a Synchro Leader. I think PDA is still quite a few weeks away but I'm sure Mike Ling's injuries are going to keep him grounded for quite a while.

In the past, a former team member has rejoined the team (Anthony Parkinson) to replace a pilot with a long term illness so I guess this might be an option. Saying that, last year's Synchro Leader was Ben Murphy, but he's now the Team Leader which kinda rules him out!
I'm sure JH would love to come back and do another year at the front, and then BM could go back to flying as Red 6. That said, I'm sure they've been up all night thinking it through and will already have a solution. Perhaps getting Parky back AGAIN was even considered, but he has got just too much ginger hair for the Red 1 or 6 slot.

Knowing Lingy, I've no doubt that he will be back in the cockpit ASAP; and no, he didn't have any hair to spaek of before the incident.

Wishing them all the best for another impressive season.