PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 24th Mar 2010, 07:17
BlueUpGood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also JO,

you wrote:
6MHC if you think that Willy would have ever come to any agreement over these past talks then I'm sorry to say you are wrong. By continually changing the goalposts when each time UNITE has got near to achieving savings along with various reasons of late for withdrawing 'offers' its as plain as the nose on your face he is not wanting agreement - he is only set on breaking our union representation.
Can you tell me how the union is safeguarding it's future standing, by playing into WW's hands? At the moment, you have lost a crew member on LH, and got LGW compliments at LHR. That's it. Can you tell me how BASSA's strategy of fight to the death going to help you in the future?

Let's be candid, say you strike for 4 days next. Then what? Crew numbers reporting for duty will steadily increase, as any rational thinker can see. BASSA support will dwindle away to background noise. I would suggest the longer BASSA remain intransigent, the less power it has. As a BASSA supporter, can you tell me how you think BASSA are helping you, and safeguarding your future, given their influence on CC, and their ability to influence the company is being eroded by the day?

Regards,

BUG