PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 24th Mar 2010, 07:02
BlueUpGood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Juan Odeboyse,

As you are one of only a few supporters of BASSA on here, can I ask a few straight questions?

1. Can you point me to where any contract offered in the past 18 months by BA, says you will have a pay cut? Or allowances cut? Or be forced onto New Fleet?

2. WW stated his clear intention to recover the cost of disruption from the IFCE budget, as demonstrated by his last offer, post declaration of strike action, which terminated, as stated at the commencement of IA. What precisely do you hope further strike action will gain for you?

3. BA has issued an ESS message withdrawing ST, and highlighting when strikers can next expect to be paid, just as they said they would a couple of weeks ago. Can you please tell me of ANY statement made by BA which you believe is untrue? Can you please provide the evidence, as statements from BASSA about what will happen have been far from accurate, and I am interested to know the facts, not the rhetoric. You can't plan a future on rhetoric alone, as I'm sure you will agree!

I ask these questions, as someone impacted by the strike action. Whilst it is refreshing to find a BASSA supporter on here again, I am dismayed to see lots of rhetoric, but nothing factual or verifiable. Please could you reassure me and many other concerned BA employees that there is an element of logic and reason in you and your colleagues actions?

Many thanks,

BUG