PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 23rd Mar 2010, 20:07
Nevermind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OLDBIRD

Scope clauses and all other agreements the flight crew have, are a result of engaging the company with our concerns, and through tough but normally civilised negotiations, we are where we are. Since Feb last year, the company has tried to engage with BASSA, to no avail, and eventually imposed the changes they required to meet the savings target. Have a look at what the cabin crew were offered last summer, and tell me how the approach BASSA has taken, has benefited the work force? Refusing to examine the accounts, not turning up to negotiations before the June deadline, agreeing a 3 week extension to show the membership the latest deal, and the next day announcing strike action, thereby costing the company millions. Yes, the breakdown the relationship with the company has been caused by the two sides over the last 20 years. But when the **** his the economy last year, to behave as they have, BASSA have let all the crew down. And having operated this weekend, and seen the CRC full of cabin crew, and so many flights take off with grateful passengers, then watching the disingenuous information told on TV by Unite, which I knew not to be true, I truly felt sorry for our cabin crew, who have been deeply let down by their union. For 13 months. The sad part is that the previous 20 years have made many crew refuse to even examine the facts. That has been, for quite some time, a job that BALPA has been doing so well for us..........