PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPPL - Just how are we supposed to teach this?
Old 13th Jul 2002, 05:40
FormationFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solent01

Yes, you are right about the PPL(M). Although the fact of the matter is that it never stopped our guys from flying to france every year and training has been down in spain and south africa for the licence for almost as long as I can remember.

No cross crediting - there used to be. I got a group D licence then went to Group A - time for Group A - 19 hours...now that may have been lost under JAR...however the cross crediting is not entirely new - so for what 2-3 years the cross-creditation hasn't been there. But yep the BMAA did do us proud on that one.

Re: instructing...there is no need for a CPL now...unless you want to be paid. I believe that the current system of 'if you want paying you must have a CPL' is perfectly valid. Microlights have always been different however, and that was because they were an exception to the rule as there is no CPL for microlights.

Yeah..the helo folks certainly seem to have got the bad end of it.

Why APT? What sort of aircraft are you training on? AX3/2000? T600?

As an FI(A) and Microlight AFI Ive always taught PAT for the descent. Yeah sure there is an inertia difference and you have to set the descent attitude fairly quickly..but ive never found it to be a problem - even glides where you set idle havent been a problem. If I recall I was taught PAT as well (i think...memory could be hazy on this one!!). I'm curious...help me out..