PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 23rd Mar 2010, 20:00
flyinspanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fact is that many people believe that this is about imposition.
They want to have system where fair negotiation takes place, the two sides have come very close BA wants 62.5m the union offered 55m...and so we lose how much for a 7.5m difference?

Both sides have made mistakes, neither will admit it though.

Negotiation isn't one side saying "no, £62.5m" and thats it"

A middle ground needs to be found.....and it will ......but we will all lose.
(Unions did agree a pension solution this week -the difference being the egos involved in the talks maybe?)

Many of you think this is all about £.......then why have so many decided that this fight is worth losing staff travel over?
It is more about fairness and principles, threatening to remove staff travel was intended to influence the result of the ballot/action.

If imposition is allowed without challenge, do others here hoestly think that their dept will be immune? That you gave enough last time?

Openskies will return.......I've flown with many Flt crew who support cabin crew as they think that costs will be cut elsewhere next....

Back office - look at staffing levels/pay in low costs -there is your future.

How many crew managers do you think ej etc has in relation to BA? Productivity to be had there if a Fleet Director type flying/office role comes back again!

Cabin crew are bearing the brunt of the attack as they are a large group, they wont be the last! (All A Scales still not agreed...)

As for the "fact" that BA cant tell a lie as they are a PLC....please! they lied about how much I earn recently (im full time and £8k short of the 'average' gross for my grade after 28yrs!!!!). They also have been caught by many fines recently, -so were they for good behaviour?
They dont have to divulge sensetive operational info......so this weekends figures???

On a pragmatic level, I worry that CRM has been massively damaged.

I wont allow intimidation either as we move forward, so maybe everyone should really think before they say something that they will regret later.

Its not your intention that matters, its the impact of the words.

We need to act as one team onboard, reflect on that. Your personal opinions are just that. Keep them out of the equation.