PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 23rd Mar 2010, 19:52
320 driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from Oldbird

No I don't think he should take away staff travel because my personal opinion is that he's punishing staff for doing something they are within legal rights to do.
They are within legal rights to strike but ST is a privilege and a benefit not a right. So why should the company confer concessions and privileges on thoise that seek to ruin its business.

why don't the flight deck give up their scope clause and allow flying to do be done by people who can do it cheaper? Not relevant to this I know, but all I hear is how they want to save the company so put your money where you mouth is
FD have put a damn sight more money where their mouth is than BASSA. ALL pilots have taken a pay cut (amounting to 7% for some) which is more than BASSA offered and beats the pay freeze that the union is bleating/striking about. The scope agreement ensures flights are operated by BA crews. If you think getting in outside crews at market rate is a good idea then lets go for it and see crew from virgin/ryanair/easyjet etc doing the cabin crew job for less than half what the current BA crew do it for.

This dispute has come about precisely because of such ideas which prove that BASSA live in cloud cuckoo land.