PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC or OAA?!
Thread: CTC or OAA?!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2010, 19:44
The African Dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John:
All the cadets attending the open day should have been absolutely honest with their feedback, and told attendees that there was absolutely no chance of anyone getting a job (by any normal definition of the word) any time soon. There are still people from the late CP30s/ early CP40s who have not got permanent positions. They must be up to about CP70 (at least by now). So that's 30 courses, with a conservative average of 10 per course, still to be placed.
I just can't understand this. In 6 months we've moved about 80 positions up the holding pool, and it's not through cadets finding jobs elsewhere. I was about 140ish when I jumped in. Trust me, it's not in my interests to be misleading anyone, least of all myself, so don't expect me to lie in order to defend CTC.

You speak with the conviction of somebody who is rock solid in belief of their facts. A good reminder not to believe everything everybody tells you! (Feel free to apply that to my own input if you choose).

For what it's worth, UAV, very few of those on the course with me were funded by their parents, although I guess that might have changed recently with the new secured-financing arrangements through BBVA.

Cheers,
AD.