PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 23rd Mar 2010, 19:23
oldbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glamgirl...

No I don't think he should take away staff travel because my personal opinion is that he's punishing staff for doing something they are within legal rights to do. It would be different if it was a mass sick call or people just walking out without a ballot but this wasn't the case. It sets a precedent. There may come a time in the future when flight deck or cabin crew have a real battle, emphasis on real and then what?

If this is about saving the company money at a difficult econonomic time then why don't the flight deck give up their scope clause and allow flying to do be done by people who can do it cheaper? Not relevant to this I know, but all I hear is how they want to save the company so put your money where you mouth is because all I ever hear is how awful the cabin crew is and how they are out to save BA. At the end of the day I really do want to go into work, do my job and not have to listen to any of this.

Quite honestly I don't believe everything BA says any more than I believe everything BASSA says.