PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 23rd Mar 2010, 19:14
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oldbird,

Glamgirl neither you nor your new organisation are going to win that many supporters by being so obviously delighted in punishment meted out to your fellow crew members. By all means have a differing view point but do it with tact and diplomacy. There may come a time when you have a real battle with WW and I hope you're up to the task.

I've not said I'm delighted in any punishment the striking crew will get. However, I do think that WW needs to carry out what he's said he will, otherwise he won't be taken seriously. Also, do you think it's fair that the strikers should have no repercussions for downing tools so to speak? They have put the company in a bad position, made themselves look like militants and made the public think we're overpaid primadonnas. I don't think that's fair to all the crew who did turn up for work.

WW and BF explained in emails to every crew member the consequenses of going on strike. My main issue isn't whether people have the right to strike, but my issue is with the union for misleading their members. They've done this by lying - and blatantly at that. It's been proven in court, and proven in the last few days by the public, media and employees who did work.

Can you honestly say that you trust the union to act in your best interest, knowing that they're lying to you? Can you trust them to look after you when they haven't explained what to do after a strike? And can you truly believe they have your interest at heart when most of them won't be receiving the same "punishment" as the striking members, due to being on annual leave/long term sick?

I don't take any delight into the fact that strikers will be punished by the company. I actually feel sorry for most of them, and that being those who've been led down the garden path with lies.

Gg

My own opinions and not those of my employer