PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 23rd Mar 2010, 18:05
Cenrifugel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I’m taking a big risk by asking this, possibly being blown out of the sky by everyone who sounds very negative about joining Emirates at the moment. However for the average South African white male pilot, facing reverse apartheid, and actively being discriminated on by the local flag carrier, the only other possible way to fly heavy jets is at Emirates. The current political situation in our country also leaves Dubai as a very attractive, safe option in which to raise a family away from the politics we face at home. Now back to my question, what are the realistic requirements? I am aware of the requirements posted on the recruitment page; however only about 1000hrs of my medium jet time is above 55 tons, with 1300hrs above 40 tons. I have the required 4000hrs total time; my application status is currently under review. What are my realistic chances of being offered an interview? Any positive input will be greatly appreciated.