PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worth Applying?
Thread: Worth Applying?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2010, 17:04
wangus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in same situation, but nearly 2 years on since qualifying. Welcome to Miseryville. The advice about applying to Twin Piston IFR operators is sensible, however I have applied to dozens, and had responses, yes, responses, and polite ones, however they require 700 hours TT. Jar/Easa Regulations. CHICKEN & THE EGG TIME. I only fail by 400 hours.
I've been applying to a Pilot Assistant job over and over, but apparently you cannot log the hours. USELESS??? Irrelevant, as I cannot even get an interview for that. The flight instructors from my RAF base have taken other jobs, as NOBODY is training for (cheap) PPLs, so forget doing an FI Rating.
I've volunteered to ferry light singles/twins anywhere. No takers. Hour building for £40,000???? Better to pay for a type rating. BUT, my nearest and dearest friend has a 757 type rating, and NOT one single interview due to lack of hours on type. (That is a subject frequently debated on here.)
No doubt somebody will respond you and I aren't trying hard enough, or we're aiming too high. I'm aiming very LOW.
My numerous "contacts" in the industry have proven as useful as the steam from my piss.
I fear this is a delusion for a high percentage of us. I know WWW will take little pleasure in our grim situations, as he is always trying to warn off new foolish optimists. Let's warn the rest of them! (They won't listen. Chequebooks in hands. Ass cheeks widely spread. Tails wagging.....)