PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2nd minister bullied by security thieves
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2010, 16:46
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I find it unbelievable that Canadian aircrew (can't speak for the other countries and their crew) tolerate the nonsense dished out by the Government of Canada who created CATSA and turned them into a bunch of mindless thugs.

In numerous conversations with aircrew friends who trudge daily through our country's airport terminals and security barriers, I find it unbelieveable they tolerate such treatment.

For one thing, they are subjected to the closest thing to a NATO security clearance to obtain that treasured :RED: security pass, yet there they are handing in their crew baggage and nav bags for screening. Meanwhile, they strap onto their bottoms the "potential" weapon of Mass Destruction and flyoff to Saskatoon or Somewhere, Nova Scotia.

Let's hope a few more MPs 'lose it' and tear a strip off those idiots who lack the basics skills of law enforcement, common sense and discretion. It's not about your social position. It's about GET OVER IT!!!

If I were still with the airlines, I'd be chasing my MEC to get off their butts and have the security committee meet with the powers that be in Ottawa and get this mess sorted out.

Bring back the days of clearing security with your security pass. I think it's preposterous aircrew stand in line with fare paying passengers and get searched (randomly or not) by CATSA. It's simply that our idiot MPs think if the travelling public see their pilot getting beat up and harrassed at security it somehow makes them feel 'more secure'.

Didn't we have a gun registry that operated the same way as CATSA, rounding up millions of law abiding citizens?? Yeah. That's effective security.

Good grief.

Willie