PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2010, 10:50
Icare9

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
kaputar: Then it must be close to that March anniversary, our thoughts are with you. Mind you, your description of him:
My father joined the RAAF on outbreak of war, coming to Britain as an WAG early 1942 when I was 6 months old and died March 1943 so I never 'met' him so to speak and the barest service records are all there is.
would be interpreted differently in current football parlance!!!

I'm sure there are many who could try and help you find out more, with Squadron details etc if you want to do so, perhaps in a separate thread or another forum, such as RAF Commands or the like. If you want to contact me off thread, please do so if you'd like me to post there on your behalf.

kookabat. If there is approval by the Moderators, and because it then links as a comparison for Regle, then I for one would like to see the Quantas story. To appease the Mods, would it be possible to also have his memories of his RAAF training, again to provide a comparison to those already detailed in this thread.

If it doesn't destroy any bookmark links, the Mods might consider transferring to Aviation History and Nostalgia, but I only float the idea to allow for expansion into what "pedants" might feel is not "military" history.....

Regle: Have you checked your PPRuNe private message Inbox lately? I might even get you some lyrics for Eskimo Nell, that may trigger more verses from you!!

Meantim, look forward to your views of the merits of the Lancaster versus Halifax. Apart from sympathy, how was the Stirling regarded by its crews - I know others felt them useful as the softer targets for night fighters but how sturdy and easy to fly was it?