PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Swiss" makes emergency landing in Germany
Old 13th Jul 2002, 02:01
Robert Vesco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wind your necks in and learn boys! You, could easily be next!
Exactly my point 126,9 ! It can happen to anybody, so let´s stop this airline bashing bull**** ! That´s what I wrote in my last reply.

Yo Webwings :

I do the whole thang on single pilot operation and on raw data with A/P inop, whereas you may delegate a whole load of work to your PNF, your "George" and your FMS, your fuel calc's and flightplans are done by a dispatch office
I know dude ! Been there, done that (too) AND got my licence.

I do not intend to be a wiseguy neither a god
Nooo ! Not at all !

I just posted what he told me about the ADAS thing, and this is 100% true
He told you, so therefore it must be true ! Jesus dude ! You´re more gullible then I thought !

...and was told three days before the start of the course that Swissair was broke, and our education not paid at all. We had the chance to decide within a week if we pay cash or forget being a Swissair pilot. I had *real* pains to get the money together, and am now on my way.
Yeah I know man ! "Learning to fly takes about 45 hours. Learning when to fly can take a lifetime..." Remember ??? It´s a judgement thing ! Looking at the Swiss aviation future (with today´s fact´s) I think it´s fair to say that you made a poor decision.

Swisair had no incidents that made it worth getting to the press since years and years, except the halifax incident which we have to admit couldn't have been worse
I´m absolutely not denying that SR was a safe airline, but following yoúr way of thought, anybody can (sitting behing their computer with 20/20 hindsight) judge and blame the crew for not making an immediate overweight landing, instead of trying to follow procdures by dumping fuel. It´s all so f*cking easy in the theory books, but I´m sure that the pilots on SR 111 tried their very best, but unfortunately did not successfully make it to Halifax. Just like the Crossair crew If that stupid wall of sand across the runway would not have severely damaged the aircraft, this whole story would not have been blown out of proportion like it is by people like you ! The crew did everything they could, carrying extra fuel and trying to divert to other airfields, unfortunately it did not completely work, although nobody was hurt.